Thursday, August 30, 2012

Arequipa and the Sacred Valley, Peru

When I was 17, I was blessed enough to have parents that supported and fed into my fascination with South American archaeology.  My daddy took his sabbatical in Arequipa, Peru so I could have the experience of a lifetime and become completely obsessed with this country.  All these fotos were taken with a 35mm film camera from the 90's! Not too shabby.  

El Misti is one of the three volcanos surrounding Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru.

The view leaving my gated neighborhood. It never got old.


I have never met an animal so ready for a photo shoot. So smug.

Vilcanota mountain range near the Maras salt flats.

This street in Cusco was part of the original Inca road.

Colca Canyon - from peak to bottom is almost twice as deep as the Grand Canyon...

Why not have a pet falcon?

Iconic Machu Picchu shot, with not a single person in it : )

Ranging Llamas at Machu Picchu. 

Could you imagine stumbling upon this place thanks to the locals who knew it well?

You know the happy place in your mind where you go when you need to escape and relax? This is one of the views from mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment